Scope and Goals
The RoboCup IranOpen 2014 Symposium and the 4th joint conference of Robotics & AI (RIOS14) Workshops provide a forum for a group of 10-20 participants to discuss current topics in robotics research and practice. RIOS14 Workshops will provide opportunities for researchers to exchange and discuss innovative, scientific, and engineering ideas at a stage before they have matured to warrant conference or journal publications. RIOS14 Workshops also serve as incubators for scientific ideas or new scientific communities that form and share a particular research agenda.
RIOS14 Workshops may be few hours long and may be held before or after the main conference. Participation in RIOS14 workshops requires registration and further information will be announced later.
Proposals must not exceed 4 pages in length, must follow the RIOS14 formatting and submission instructions and must include the following information in the order specified:
- full contact information for all organizers of the workshop;
- identify a main contact for the workshop;
- the desired length of the workshop (i.e., one or two hours);
- a one-page outline of the theme and goals of the workshop including a brief abstract (less than 175 words) intended for the RIOS13 web site;
- a statement discussing the relevance to the field of robotics and symposium era;
- plans for generating and stimulating discussion at the workshop;
- the desired minimum and maximum number of workshop participants;
- in case of previously held workshops, the number of submissions and registered attendees as well as the web site must be included;
- any equipment, room capacity, or other logistic constraints;
- a brief description of each organizer's background, including relevant past experience in organizing conferences and workshops; and instructions, and must not exceed 4 pages, including all text, references, appendices and figures.
Proposals pdf file must be emailed to the symposium@IranOpen.ir with the "Workshop Proposal" subject by the deadline below.
|Workshop proposals submission due
|February 8, 2014
|Notification of acceptance
|February 18, 2014
Review and Evaluation Criteria
Workshop proposals will be reviewed by the RIOS14 Program Committee and evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The potential to advance the state of robotics research and practice
- The organizers' commitment to stimulate discussion at the workshop
- The organizers' experience and ability to lead a successful workshop
- Timeliness and expected interest in the workshop topics
- The balance and synergy between all RIOS14 events